Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My anti theft alarm system keeps going off when off and

Customer Question
My anti theft alarm...

My anti theft alarm system keeps going off when off and won't let me start my truck

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes I have that doesn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2000 Toyota Tacoma

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tacoma yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well I thought the battery was dead because I was playing music on it at a party and then when jumped in to turn it on it wouldn't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't know

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/16/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, do the following
Open driver door and leave open. Place key in ignition and turn to on position and leave there. Disconnect the negative battery cable for 1 minute. Reconnect battery. Alarm should sound for 1 minute and stop. Turn key to off position for 5 seconds and then crank