Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have got the console loose but cannot slide it backwards,

Customer Question
I have got the...

I have got the console loose but cannot slide it backwards

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

Yaris 2007, model YRS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Yaris yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have removed rear bolts on console, removed accessories switches panel on console. Can lift the back up loosely but cannot slide it back. It is clearing the gear shift panel.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

No. just looking for lost key

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. Just afraid to crack the console by forcing it backwards and up

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/16/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Did you remove the front 2 screws ? If not, attached is diagram of their locations

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.