Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It wont start, yes, and yes, 1994 toyota camry, I have help…

Customer Question
It wont start Mechanic's...

It wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes, and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

1994 toyota camry

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have help but we can't figure out the problem. I took the battery to auto zone to check if it was good. They said it was completely dead and that they were going to charge it then check if it is good. After an hour it charged to 100% and said it should be fine. I installed it back into my car and it still won;t start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car doesn't make any clicking noise and the lights don't dim when I try turning it on. we think its something to do with the kill switch

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/15/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

The shift lever to neutral and try to start? Do you have a voltmeter or simple 12 V test light to run some tests?

I've tried switching to neutral and it didn't start

You have a voltmeter or simple 12 V test light to run some voltage test? Your 100% certain there's no click or clunk noise? Do all of the lights illuminate on the instrument panel and the keys in the on position?