Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I replaced the radiator and thermostat...tried bleeding

Customer Question
I replaced the radiator...

I replaced the radiator and thermostat...tried bleeding radiator...still running hot. The condenser fan stopped working...would this cause it to run hot?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?

Detected no leaks. So for...I have not put coolant back in.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2005 Sequoia limited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes...just replaced radiator and themostat

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/15/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Matt, Mechanical Engineer replied 9 months ago
Matt, Mechanical Engineer

Hello

as you've replaced all of that I'd suggest to use a thermal probe or infra-red temperature gun to measure the actual temperature of the radiator top hose to see if it matches your gauge?

if it doesn't match then replace the coolant temp sensor.

If it does match up and it really is running hot then I'd consider replacing the water pump as the next step

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you