Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

My dad just needs help figuring out where his odometer is He

Customer Question

Hello My dad just needs help figuring out where his odometer is He drives a black prius Either 2016 or 17
JA: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No fixing He just said that an alert popped up saying that he needs something serviced But he can't see the odometer so he isn't entirely sure if the service required is just regular maintenance for when you hit a certain amount of miles driven Or if the alert is in regards ***** ***** potential issue with the car
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: He literally just called me while he was driving into work and asked me to look up how to check where the odometer is That's really all I need to know How do you get the odometer to pop up if it isn't on his display already I don't drive a Prius so I'm not super familiar with it, but he says that his odometer isn't normally up there like in other cars, and that he needs to find some button or something in order to get the total mileage driven to pop up again
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you Really don't even need to talk to a mechanic if you know what button is needed to bring the mileage up
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 month ago.

Anytime there's any type of warning displayed on the instrument panel it will default back to the standard panel of the odometer. If it does not on the steering wheel there is a return button similar to the returned symbol on the keyboard. If you keep hitting the return button or home button it will take you back to the main screen. It's probably just a normal maintenance light but I wouldn't know unless I see what the display is if he can get to a safe area when he stopped and snapped a picture then have you post it back here that would be great otherwise that will get him back to the main menu. The owners manual has a pretty good picture and description of how to do that also.