Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My wife's 2011 Highlander will not start when the button is…

Customer Question
My wife's 2011 Highlander...

My wife's 2011 Highlander will not start when the button is pushed while foot is on the brake. We put a new battery in and all the car's functions work but still will not engage starter. Is this a fuse or relay or circuit board problem? What should we do?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

74K and not problems prior to this.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

I only changed the battery last night with a new fully charged one.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The back hatch door opens occasionally or does not seal

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/14/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

When you depress the brake pedal with the smart key inside the vehicle does the light in the start button stay orange or does it turn green? Do you have any other key fob to try?