Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Alarm going off, car won't start, no remote. not yet. 2004

Alarm going off, car won't...
Alarm going off, car won't start, no remote.
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: not yet.
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2004 rav4
JA: Are you fixing your RAV4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just using the override switch and I tried turning on and off ignition 5 times(as one suggested).
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I know of.
9/14/2017
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to try and help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a question before we proceed. Hoe old is the battery and have you had it load tested yet? s this is critical to that system .

Brand new, about three weeks old. Car started, ran for a few days and then nothing. Every time that we open the door, the alarm goes off(less siren), which I disconnected about two years ago.Car will not start, Tried locking and unlocking the door. Tried turning key to the on position and off, five times. Tried override switch,nothing. We do not have a remote anymore.

Siren? Is this a OME Toyota factory alarm or after market?

I do believe it is a factory alarm. We bought the car brand new from the dealer. It was on the lot.

I never run into a factory Toyota alarm have a siren , usually the horn goes off

could you find the alarm number , if it was there new it should be in your ownership manual book or with it something like RS300 or RS3400

I found some paperwork in the manual Audiovox Pursuit Series Model AVX01BT3CL3.

Hello again, just as I thought that is not OME Toyota factory installed unit, as I stated earlier Toyota alarms do not have sirens. Usually we have problems with the aftermarket modules for those systems, In your case I would take it to a outlet that sells those systems or better still have it removed , then you can decide if you want a factory one installed. If you still need further assistance on this subject let me know.

I just want to rrmove it. The only thing that concerns me is that if I disconnect it, it may not start.

If removed properly then you will or should have it reverted back to original w/o the system. This is where you have to see how it is hooked up, most are in series with the original wiring harness. that is you simply disconnect the connectors one at a time and connect the original connectors back together. If the wires are spliced you need to rejoin them ,again one at a time to their original position.If your a little afraid to tackle this your self Have a shop do it for you .

If you need better clarification on this subject you can request a service where I can talk one on one to do so.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician