Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Mysterious battery drain overnight, The CAA guy said the…

Customer Question
Mysterious battery drain overnight ...

Mysterious battery drain overnight

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

The CAA guy said the battery was fine when he came and boosted me.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

But the next morning battery was dead. Think something is draining it 2002 echo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Echo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well I was just coming here for ideas. I found some sights suggesting it was the radio. So I was going to remove one of the fuses that is linked to the radio. And then going to boost and charge the car and see if it hapens again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just don't know what will happen if I just take out the radio fuse

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/13/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 5 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

do not remoive one fuse at time

use below procedure

Battery Drainage Test

1- Voltmeter
2- settings on voltmeter will be on milli amps.
3- go across all the fuses in the car and see which one is reading higher than 0.3 to 0.5 milli amps
4- the fuse drawing more than 0.5 miili amps ,will be the suspected circuit that needs inspection for the drainage.

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

I have no idea what a voltmeter is and I don't have one. How do I cancel this question. I've decided to just bring in my friend who I just called.

Battery Drainage Test

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

Please kindly rate Me ,A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat