Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

My keyless entry doesnt work ,even with new battery, yes

Customer Question

my keyless entry doesnt work ,even with new battery
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: yes new
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2005 sienna le
JA: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i did check all the fuse
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 month ago.

Do the power door locks both work on both doors from the switches?are you 100% certain the battery was installed with the proper side up?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Door lock work , battery is installed right

Do you have more then just one remote and have you tried them? Did you try to reprogram them?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did but still didn't work

What procedure did you use to try do the reprogramming? Did the door lock control receiver respond with the single lock or double lock of the door locks?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Single lock

At that point then you hit both the unlock and lock positions for proximatelly one second on the remote then release them then pushed either the lock or unlock button immediately following that? If so did the door locks respond with one or two or no doorlock cycles?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No response, no door lock cycle

Based on your last reply this normally indicates that the remote controls or transmitters are not working or defective. If you are able to get the wireless door lock system to cycle the locks one time that means it recognizes that you're in the add mode and then when you push both buttons for one second release then push either the lock or unlock button it will either cycle of door locks once indicating that it programmed or cycle twice on the door locks indicating that it failed if it does neither that means the transmitter is not being accepted by the receiver probably due to the wrong signal or bad signal coming from the transmitter. You could perhaps try doing what's called a rewrite mode which means you cycle the key on and off twice before you remove it then the computer will come back and cycle the door locks twice so that at that point you push the two buttons on the remote release then push one button and it will erase all of the codes in the system and try and program that one remote if that still does not work you will need to buy a new Toyota remote try and refrain from buying a used one online. It's possible the maximum number of remotes are added to the vehicle already and it won't allow another remote to reprogram. Typically though that will cycle the door locks twice indicating a failure once you're in program mode.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is two of my original remotes ! It just stop working

I have seen remotes just fail the only way to know for sure would be to try another new remote and get it program there's only other one case where I've had where the wireless door lock control receiver back in the right rear quarter panel area of the van stops working and does not receive the remote you are getting into program mode that is strictly the body ECU controlling that. It is remotely possible that the wireless door lock control receiver could have failed. There's no way to test that device or component. Dealerships have RF frequency readers and can tell if the remote is transmitting but it won't tell you what frequency it just gives an on-off signal.