Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

My indoor lights won't shut off, The lights on the roof with

My indoor lights won't shut off
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The lights on the roof with switches
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2014 Toyota Sequoia
JA: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Everything
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Does the indicator light on the instrument panel for the door ajar system stay on?is it just the front lights up by the mirror or is it the back overhead lights that are staying on? After you shut the doors how long did you wait to see if they timeout?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's both lights and I've been waiting for over 1/2 hour

what about the warning light on the instrument panel the door ajar light does it stay illuminated it should be a little red light showing the doors open or some indication on the instrument panel?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No light on the panel is on
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just the dome lights, both front and back

has the car been involved in any flooding recently or any service work or bodywork been done recently any history leading up to this current problem?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No

stand by while I check a few things to see what our options are here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay.. thanks. It's very strange.

Okay we need to start with the basics. To the left of the steering column you will see a dimmer switch which dims the intensity of the instrument panel lights slightly to the left of that you will find a rocker switch that turns the interior lights on and off or puts them in the door position so they only come on when the door is open. Did you change that position to off or door to see if the interior lights go out?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yeah! Thank you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Worked

That is good to hear glad you got it resolved just make sure that the individual light switches are not turned on the system is designed so that if you leave the rocker switch in the door position then you accidentally do not get the door closed all the way at that point the computer will see that you have the switch set to the door position and it will timeout after 20 minutes and shut the lights out. Please not forget to rate the assistance I provided you this evening at three or higher so I may be compensated for my time if you have any other questions feel free to reply and I'll get back to you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay... thanks again!

You are welcome have a great evening.

You appeared to be totally satisfied with the information that I provided you but you have not rated my information or my assistance at three or higher so that may be compensated for my time if you would please do that I would appreciate it. If you have any other questions feel free to reply.