Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Have02 toy sienna and speedo needle fluctuates at times and

Customer Question

have02 toy sienna and speedo needle fluctuates at times and van hasitates .ck eng lite comes on and then after few mins drives fine with ck eng lite on and later ck eng lite goes away with van driving fine .then repeats the whole system again.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: it has ck engine lite with code po500 , have replaced vss twice.
JA: What year is your MINI?
Customer: 02 sienna
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: took it to good mechanic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the brake and abs lite is on since 3 years also
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Based on your explanation of the problem, this sounds to me like you have an electronic vehicle speed sensor that is failing. The speed sensor is located on the transaxle. If you have the vehicle scanned, and the tech finds a P0500 diagnostic trouble code, the speed sensor is indeed the problem. A failing speed sensor will cause the speedometer to fluctuate, cause hesitation, and set the check engine light to be illuminated.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. Please do take a moment to confirm you have received my input. Thanks