Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a 2005 Toyota Sequoia limited that now has the 4LO

Customer Question
light flashing. 4wd is definately...
I have a 2005 Toyota Sequoia limited that now has the 4LO light flashing. 4wd is definately not active and the buttons no longer work. I cannot go into 4wd but otherwise the Sequoia is driving fine
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: 4 lo and steady blinks never goes steady I put the truck in 4 hi, not moving, and then I put the truck in 4 lo and everything was fine. I then tried to go from 4 lo to 2 hi and the light started blinking
JA: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have not tried anything, i always check here first
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/13/2017
Toyota Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you've shifted it into four low and just need to use the correct procedure to shift back out.

With the vehicle driving in a straight line at about five miles per hour, press to shift into two wheel drive.

Without touching the brake, shift the transmission into neutral.

Unless there is a failure, as you pass through 2-3 MPH while coasint it will shift out of four low and then you can put the transmission shifter back into drive.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician