Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2013 PriusV: The panic "alarm" goes off spontaneously. There…

Customer Question
2013 PriusV: The...

2013 PriusV: The panic "alarm" goes off spontaneously. There is no alarm system, just the panic button. It happens any time night or day; any location; key fobs untouched. Dealer had no answer after multiple tries. I want to disable that panic "alarm" function.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

The dealer reportedly changed them. I can try again, changing both.,

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Toyota?

PriusV

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have done no repairs myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

OK: I did try removing the MAYDAY fuse, to no avail.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/12/2017
Toyota Mechanic: CurtisE, Mechanic replied 11 months ago
CurtisE
CurtisE, Mechanic
You have water or moisture inside the keyfob. Clean out with electrical contact cleaner and restest. This is a common fault.