Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Light on vsc light on code reads bank one retarded which is

Customer Question

light on vsc light on code reads bank one retarded which is bank one which way to correct retarded
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: toyota highlander 3.3 just finished belt replacment
JA: Which belt is acting up? And when was it last changed?
Customer: just changed timing belt
JA: What year is your Highlander?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes just want to know which bank is called one and which way do i turn camshaft to advance
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: says could have dirty oil screen in heads had heads rebuilt at machine shop
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

You should have all your timing marks lined up and if your having timing issues you dont want to adjust the marks out of position, you could have a vvt or phaser issue even a cam or crank sensor problem

Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, master tech here. I saw your question and wonder if you still need help?