Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Second opinion] How do I replace the front bearings on my 07…

Customer Question
Second opinion] How do I...
Second opinion] How do I replace the front bearings on my 07 toyota sequoia 2wd. It has 170k and the right front is making noise. I also need a replacement parts list.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
I also needing help doing the rear wheel bearings and hubs. I already have instructions on removing the rear parking brake.
The front hub speed sensor locknut needs a special tool (sst) to remove this locking ring.
The locking ring has 4 holes in it for this special tool. I don't know where I can get one of these she's. Do you know? And could the Toyota service department supply me one?
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/10/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Joshua Haynes,
 replied 11 months ago
Joshua Haynes

hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Toyota Mechanic: Joshua Haynes,
 replied 11 months ago

This lock ring is actually threaded into the inside diameter of the hub. There is a special tool to loosen/tighten this ring, but I have always used either a spanner wrench or a simple punch and hammer to tap it out and then a screw driver to run it out the rest of the way