Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Second opinion] How do I replace the front bearings on my 07

Customer Question

Second opinion] How do I replace the front bearings on my 07 toyota sequoia 2wd. It has 170k and the right front is making noise. I also need a replacement parts list.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I also needing help doing the rear wheel bearings and hubs. I already have instructions on removing the rear parking brake.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The front hub speed sensor locknut needs a special tool (sst) to remove this locking ring.
The locking ring has 4 holes in it for this special tool. I don't know where I can get one of these she's. Do you know? And could the Toyota service department supply me one?
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 1 month ago.

hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

This lock ring is actually threaded into the inside diameter of the hub. There is a special tool to loosen/tighten this ring, but I have always used either a spanner wrench or a simple punch and hammer to tap it out and then a screw driver to run it out the rest of the way