Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a 2005 Sequoia limited, the height control system

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Sequoia limited, the height control system seems to be leaking
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: we have sprayed the lines and air bags with soapy water showing no leak
JA: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I can hear the compressor running every so often when stopped re adjusting the height
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: some morning after it has been parked I will go out and it will apear lower but the light on the dash says N still
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you (sorry about the delay/having some bad weather here). More than likely, your ride height sensor at the driver rear suspension is faulty or the wire connector is corroded. We see this quite a bit on this vehicle these days. Age, dust & water contribute to this common problem.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The system corrects itself once the car is turned on or running. If it were the sensor wouldn't it "not detect" when it is low?

The sensor determines where the height needs to be. IF the system corrects itself when started, the compressor is bypassing and the sensor is OK. When the compressor bypasses, this allows the system pressure to recede back into the compressor. Soap the compressor. This is where you will probably find the issue.