Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

P0430 code low efficiency bank 1 and bank 2. 2005 sienna.

Customer Question
P0430 code low efficiency...

P0430 code low efficiency bank 1 and bank 2

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2005 sienna

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changing air filter and spark plugs

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

If this is actually the catalytic converter or some other less expensive issue that could be causing the code

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/9/2017
Toyota Mechanic: EricFromCT, Toyota Technician replied 11 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Toyota Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

P0430 indicates that you need a left hand cat converter. The rear 02 monitors the cat efficiency. When it is detected the cat is no longer working that code sets. The only other thing that can cause that would be an exhaust leak before the second o2 sensor on the left hand side.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Hi. Just checking in to see how you are doing and if you have made progress or need more info. If so just respond back. Otherwise please take a quick moment to rate my assistance. Thank you.

OK, if I am facing the engine from the front, is it the catalytic converter in front or the one in back?

It is the one in the front.