Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a 2008 Toyota scion xd the fuses in the dashboard are

not working only two the...
I have a 2008 Toyota scion xd the fuses in the dashboard are not working only two the 7.5 ign and the 7.5 MET
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?
Customer: Yeah
JA: Are you fixing your xD yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yeah I'm fixing it myself , and I replace three fuses that were blown under the hood
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that the fuel pump is not pumping gas
9/8/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So tell me a little bit more about whats going on with the car and what its not doing

Well I check the exterior fuses three were blown change them and the car doesn't want to start no fuel is running through the lines so I check all the interior fuses only two are working which are the ones I put in the text

not working as in your not getting any power with key on?

At first I wasn't but after I replace the blown fuse under the hood it started going but it won't start on no fuel is running through the lines

are you checking the fuses with a voltmeter?

Just with the test light

so just verifying you have all fuse functions back now just no fuel pump function?

Well all the fuses in the exterior but the interior are not working because the power doors and the keyless entry is not working

so can you give me a list of what fuses do not have power ?

All the interior like power, defog acc2, cig,all the unlock lock fuses

you have to have some fuses out in the main panel though,

what you think is wrong with my car I know is no fuel pumping out I trying looking for the fuel relay

trying to figure that out, when did all of this happen?

Well the car has been park for a year and it was driving perfectly until now that my daughter is going to collage that I decided to give it to her she trying starting it and nothing so when to AutoZone to buy a battery and still nothing check under the hood fuses and found three that was blown so after that everything came on the dashboard lights but the car would not start so disconnect the fuel line and started the car and no fuel coming out I don't even hear the pump I'm thinking is the fuel relay

I think we should focus on the power problem, with the power issues in the interior I would suspect more fuses blown in the main fuse box, have you checked them all with your test light?

Well the only two fuse boxes I check are under the hood and under the dashboard where is the main fuse box

the main one is underhood

Okay , I'll check thanks for the help

sure thing ! let me know what happens

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician