Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My car cuts off while driving down the road, 2006 camry SL,

Customer Question
My car cuts off...

My car cuts off while driving down the road

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2006 camry SL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took to shop. Tune up and replaced valve cover gasket (they said a bit of oil was dropping on spark plug) and they would see if that corrected. They don't seem to have any other ideas at moment

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?

Yes, this is first time. I have recently had to replace altenator twice in last year (as recent at 3 months ago); otherwise it has been a great car. Engine size? 4 cylinder is all I know

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/7/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 8 months ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Thanks for posting

After it cuts off, how do you get it started again?

Before this and while it's still running does the 'check engine' light turn on?

Before this happens is the a loss of power, misfire, stumbling, anything like that?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician