Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a 1991 toyota pickup and the alternator harness

Customer Question
melted. I made a new...
I have a 1991 toyota pickup and the alternator harness melted. I made a new one and put it on the truck and it will not start. The lights, turn signals, break lights ect works but it will no start. What could be wrong
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: Yes, it is low but its because the valve in on the rear axle is leaking. What does that have to do with starting?
JA: What is the model of your '91 Toyota?
Customer: Its a pickup deluxe with the 22re engine
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, i had the engine replaced with a NEW one and it ran fine. the problem started when the alternator wiring harness melted.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thanks
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/7/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Mike S., Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Ignore that stupid robot, brake fluid. It picks up on words and thinks that is what you are concerned about.

Now, about the engine not starting, does the starter even crank the engine over?

If so, can you hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds after first turning the key to run, before you turn the key to start?

If so, is there any security or theft lights or messages on or flashing?

If not, have you checked for a spark yet?

f there is spark, have you checked the fuel injector fuse/s and also will it start briefly with starting fluid?

No

No what?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician