Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Power mirrors, 2005 Sequoia. they fold but don't adjust,

Customer Question
Power mirrors Mechanic's Assistant:...

Power mirrors

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2005 Sequoia. they fold but don't adjust

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced switch module

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Checked fuse as per owners book

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Thats why im here

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/6/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 5 months ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. DO you hear any kind of noises coming from the mirrors when you activate any of the mirror switch positions? Thanks

No

If the mirrors retract, the fuse is good. Do you have the mirror position memory feature on this vehicle?

With the driver position memory, there is a lot of possibilities for this problem. Also, to cause the driver position memory feature to happen, the vehicle uses three different electronic control units. One main unit under the dashboard/instrument panel, and one unit in each of the front doors. There is a lot of diagnosis required here. My instinct is saying faulty body control unit, but, I do not want you run out and buy one. What needs to happen here is diagnosis by the service manual. This is a multiplex system and is difficult to diagnose without knowledge of how multiplexing works. Furthermore, probing the wrong wire at the wrong time could cause on or more of the electronic control units to become inoperative, and these are not cheap to replace. I would recommend a Toyota electrical technician on this if you do not have a lot of background in automotive multiplex systems.

Ok

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. I wish I had an easier and more concise remedy. This issue requires some hands on testing by someone who understands the system.

Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert