Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Check hybrid system, VSC light and brake light on. No check…

Customer Question
Check hybrid system, VSC...

Check hybrid system, VSC light and brake light on. No check engine light on also skip indicator and low tire pressure on

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2006 Highlander's hybrid limited AWD

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have t tired anything yet curious to know what it may be first. Also I had a problem a few years ago with leaky sunroof where I had to replace entire electrical harness of vehicle and last year replaced 12 volt battery

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/4/2017
Toyota Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The hybrid warning light can come on for dozens of reasons and it will require some testing to determine what is going on. The light will come on for a failure in any hybrid component including the inverter, transmission, battery, cables, control modules; the light has come on because a failure has been seen in a monitored hybrid powertrain component and fault codes have set.

The stability control system relies on the ability to request torque from the powertrain on demand. If there is a powertrain issue then will prevent that then the stability control light will come on for a powertrain related concern. If this light came on at exactly the same time as the check hybrid warning then the lights should be on for the same issue.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to see what fault codes have set and then testing can be done from there based on the findings.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!