Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a Toyota Surf with 2lte engine. I replaced the engine

Customer Question
from a Japanese importer around...
I have a Toyota Surf with 2lte engine. I replaced the engine from a Japanese importer around 6 months ago. It is now very smokey (white)
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: the mileage is now 265392 km.
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: It is a 1993 Toyota Surf model LN130 with 2L-TE ENGINE.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. At first a fault code come up and it was the turbo boost sensor that came up. I found out that the hose connected to the manifold is deteriorated so I replace it. Then I found that the terminal of the boost sensor was loose. I rectified this problem and the fault light turned off. On idling, there is no white smoke come ng from the exhaust but as soon as I increase the speed, a heavy white smoke will come up.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have also replaced the injected from my old engine for the reason that it could still be good because the problem of the old engine was just leaking too much oil.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Toyota
8/28/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

ok, does the exhaust smoke smell like fuel, oil or coolant? This will tell us which direction to go in on diagnostics

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager