Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Have a 99 toyota camry. 99 toyota camry, the car will go…

Have a 99 toyota...

Have a 99 toyota camry.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

99 toyota camry, the car will go into reverse(I can backup) will not move when I put the gear in (D)drive. getting P0770 and P0773 codes

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Have not checked the brakeswitch where is it located?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car is in good shape starts and runs great 148k miles

8/24/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Ok, as there are 2 different transmissions, I need to know if yours has the 4 or 6 cylinder engine

it has a 4 cylinder engine

HI,

DTC P0770 Shift Solenoid E Malfunction (Shift Solenoid Valve SL)

DTC P0773 Shift Solenoid E Electrical Malfunction (Shift Solenoid Valve SL)

The wiring harness to the transmission needs to be checked for cuts, chafing or breaks and repaired. If ok, then the transmission oil pan will need to be dropped, valve body removed and shift solenoid valve SL replaced

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager