Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2004 Celica GT. I had it serviced and hope air

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 Celica GT. I had it serviced and hope air conditioning just needed a gas charge. It didn't work and the engage air button on the dash flashes (before and after) the servicing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

All else is okay. The air just stopped working this summer. It's a toy car not a primary so it doesn't get too much use

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Celica yourself? What have you tried so far?

All I did was get Valvoline to change oil, filter, and evacuate/re-load the freon. I hoped that was it. I can work on cars but not much experience with the air cond

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so...thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
8/22/2017
Toyota Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. when the ac button flashes it it telling you that a component within the system is not letting the ac come on. when they charged the system was the compressor engaging then?

hows it going?