Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Poor air flow. Going to drop the blower motor tomorrow and…

Poor air flow. Going to...
Poor air flow. Going to drop the blower motor tomorrow and check and clean if needed. What I did find after an under dash inspection was a small metal arm with a nylon fitting attached and what looks like a metal rod on the other end of the nylon fitting. After further inspection it looks like the rod has broken off from the bottom side of the heater core(?) I was wondering if you are familiar with this part? And if I need to drop the entire unit from under the dash to replace the control rod?
8/20/2017
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

When you make changes on the climate control, when does this rod move, with temp, mode, or intake air selection?

Temp
I have looked at every diagram I can find on line but ,I was unable to find this control arm on any of them. I'm assuming it is part of the heater unit.

Look over this link for the heater control and cables to see if this answers your question.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rgo2bugfyh05u1/cable.pdf?dl=0

Seems like you have described the actual arm being broken which is part of the heater box.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Well that diagram was a little more detailed and it did explain the heat/cool arm which is attached to my heater. I guess I will just see if I can get the heater out tomorrow and inspect the inner workings and a possible part number. Thanks, ***** *****'s late.

You are welcome

SuperDave
SuperDave, auto technician
Phone call session started