Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

We have similar problem, drove 2005 toy cor, went to get

We have similar problem, drove...
We have similar problem, drove 2005 toy cor, went to get back in the car turned it on and it was dead nothing no sound no crank came back with the other key it started immediately drove it home got in the driveway turned it off turned it back on with the other key nothing same thing no crank no sound no nothing tried the other key no start then rebooted and it started it was running rough and then it's moved out after letting it run and smooth out we turned it off and now it will not restart with either key any ideas? Thanks for your help really appreciate it
8/20/2017
Amedee
Amedee, Toyota Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Do the lights come on? Headlights, dome lights and brakes likes all work?

Ok what else do u need to know
Ok what else do u need to know

Are there any anti theft or security lights on or flashing on the instrument cluster when trying to start the engine?

Just a sec had battery cables off fir another reset, all lights good

ok

Security light blinking when I put the key in it goes off Oil water oil check engine and battery come on

So the security light goes off with the key in the on position?

But there is no noise from the starter?

Does it click at all when turning the key to the crank position?

What next
no

If the battery, fuses and connections are all good, chances are the starter itself is faulty.

Amedee
Amedee, Toyota Technician

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or off line spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Ok will take off and test

Sounds good! Glad I can help!

Please dont forget to rate and have a great night!

Thank you for the positive rating sir! Just be sure to check for power down at the starter with the key in the crank position before replacing the starter. You will need an assistant to help with this. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Toyota Technician