Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

No power going to fuel pump, Consistent, 95 avalon, Checked…

No power going to...

No power going to fuel pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

95 avalon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuse relay &fuse

8/19/2017
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. You have stated that you have no power to the fuel pump. I assume you are measuring for voltage on the Blue wire going to the fuel pump wire connector. IS this correct?

That's correct

Power to the fuel pump runs thru the CIRCUIT OPENING Relay ("COR"). The COR socket should have power in 2 of the slots with the key on. When the engine is cranked, the CrankPosition sensor sends an RPM signal; to the computer. When the signal is received, the computer allows a ground to be sent to the COR coil. When the coil energizes and the coil causes the relay contacts together, you get power flow from the COR to the fuel pump. Most commonly, the CORs do go bad over time. Rarely, it can be a faulty computer or crank position sensor. Exactly which is the cause I cannot tell you for sure...you may also have a power problem to the COR. The COR test is as follows: Power to two terminals withthe key on. Ground present in one terminal at all times. Ground present with the engine cranking. The remaining socket should be for the fuel pump. Check for continuity from that remaining socket to the fuel pump wire connector. If you apply voltage to that socket, you should cause the fuel pump to activate

Excuse me where is the cor relay located�� , been trying to figure where it is at, on the cam sensor there are two wires a white one and a. Orange one which wire goes where I messed up and mixed the wires up changing the harness ��

It is behind the glove box ; under the dash. Hard to get to unless you remove the glove box

Ok thanx and as for the cam shaft and the wires , I accidentally mixed them up and have striped wires and dont remember if Orange or. Whitengoes to the right or left ....

I am pretty sure that the wires can be reversed (according to the wire diagram). I have never tried it but the cam sensor has nothing to do with no power to the fuel pump.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you. I trust my input is satisfactory and meets your expectations. A positive rating for my assistance on your request would be greatly appreciated; thanks again and have a great day

Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert