Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I was hoping that you could help me. I have a 1998 Toyota…

Hi I was hoping...

Hi I was hoping that you could help me. I have a 1998 Toyota Camry 2.2L with 70k miles. I have two codes P0171 system to lean bank 1 and P0441 Evap. emission system incorrect purge flow.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have any warning codes popped up?

70K P0171 and P0441

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I just replaced the plugs, wires and air filter. tried changing fuel filter but could not get it off. which I know could be part of the issue

8/18/2017
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I see that you are having issues with your vehicles EVAP system. For the P0441 code, the issue that you are having is a common issue with this vehicle. I have checked and there are TSBs posted with fixes for this issue. The cause is likely to be the hoses to the vapor pressure sensor or the VSV or these components themselves. Here, I am attaching code and vehicle specific testing information for this cause along with the TSBs. As far as the P0171 code, this code is indicating issues with the O2 sensor. This issue will likely be a result of the EVAP malfunction.

I have also included the code specific information for the P0171 code.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you again I will check it out further this weekend if I have any further questions how long do I have

The post time usually has 7 days, but you can always, message me through this thread on this issue, and I will be able to respond. If you need me, I'm here.

Thank you for the rating.

I really appreciate all your help and I will let you know how it goes.

Sounds good. Keep me posted.

Todd M
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician