Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

Camry Hybrid, 2007, Hybrid failure. Ive checked each batt

Camry Hybrid, 2007, Hybrid failure. Ive checked each batt cell and all read just above 7.5 VDC. The failure happened when the trunk was full of luggage, I suspect overheating. I just checked the airflow from the filter behind the seat to the fan. Seems to be some blockage.
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: Noticed there is a service buliten: TSB-0182-13 This is in the back, battery system. Not the radiTOR.
JA: Are you fixing your Camry Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, a month ago i did have one bad cell and replaced it. Worked great for a month. But this time all cells look good.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes how do I remove the filter?

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

did you try resetting it ?

do you have a capable scanner to scan hv battery ,did you replace cell battery ur self

how can we know the cells are good ,are you taking hv battery apart and checking individually or using a scanner ?

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW THE PDF FILE FOR RESET PROCEDURE

LETS START HERE AND WE GPO FROM THERE

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

we have relays inside the hv battery we need to test

you must have some experience doing this :)

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks Chad. Yes I did that on the freeway, in order to get it home. That and disconnected the regular 12 Car Battery.
Do you have a proceedure to test the cooling fan?
Do you know how to remove the filter above the fan, so I can clean it out?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Right now the hybrid battery system is on my workbench torn apart. But I strongly suspect this is a cooling issue.

yes i do ,let me send it to you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please let me know when you have sent it.

check it the battery fan relay ,from the relays pins and you can sEe if power going to fan, now the fan will not activate unless reaches high temp or TURN AC ON THEN IT SHOULD STAY ON AT ALL TIMES WHEN AC IS ON , IS IT

OR TAKE ALL OFF, AND TEST IT STRAIGHT FROM CONNECTOR

YOU ARE WELCOME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

Please kindly rate Me ,A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till LATE PM Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you know which pins are the 12 VDC for the fan?

it looks to me that Pin #1 is power and pin #4 is ground based on the wiring circuit diagram

do you have power on #1

Thank You For The Rating :)

IF you need my Assistance in The Future on a Different issue , Just start your Question with ( FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY)

or Click on the link Below to Enter My Profile & Under My Picture Profile There is a Box That Says (Ask Your Question)

It will be Highlighted in Orange, Type your Question in The Box & It will be sent straight To Me to Assist you .

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800