Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a smart key and the car just gives a loud buzzing

sound when the ignition button...
I have a smart key and the car just gives a loud buzzing sound when the ignition button is depressed. I believe the engine immobilizer system might be the issue.
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: No ma'am, the remoteam
JA: What is the model/year of your smart?
Customer: Looks good
JA: What year is your smart?
Customer: Toyota corolla 2014
JA: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We've tried depressing brake and putting the remote with Toyota side Against ignition button
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: We've also tried moving the steering wheel from side to side
8/17/2017
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** real live tech here to help.I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Have you done a battery load test yet and checked both ends of the battery cables for corrosion and looseness.

No sir, my husband is setting it up to try and jump it now.

usually low battery voltage makes that kind of noise when trying to start. warn him to jump it properly or he will have more expensive repairs.

The jump worked! It started. Sorry to bother you. We thought it was the engine immobilizer system. I'm not used to fancy cars. Thank you

so I as right about the battery and low voltage? Now I would check why the battery went dead.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician