Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have an 03 Toyota Tundra w/a 4.7. The oil pressure gage…

Customer Question
I have an 03 Toyota...
I have an 03 Toyota Tundra w/a 4.7. The oil pressure gage goes between 1 mark above low to 1 mark below hi. depending on what the rpm is. I have had the oil pressure gage replaced w/a factory one and had the oil screen cleaned. What should I do Now?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
8/7/2017
Toyota Mechanic: tims auto repair, mechanic replied 6 months ago
tims auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

how many miles is on the tundra?

178,000

does the engine sound ok? does it rattle or make a noise?

It is OK on oil as per the dip stick and is making no unusual noise

ok..

here is what you need to do..

you need to remove the oil pressure sender and install a mechanical test pressure gauge to check the pressure..if the pressure is good,replace the sender,if the pressure is in fact low..the oil pick-up strainer in the pan may be clogged or the oil pump may need to be replaced

i would think that sense the engine does sound good,the problem may be the sender

I just put in a new toyota sender.

ok.you need to check the oil pressure with a mechanical test gauge

tims auto repair
tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic