Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Vehicle crank but will not start. 2002toyota camry v4. 2002.

Customer Question
Vehicle crank but will...

Vehicle crank but will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2002toyota camry v4

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Camry?

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i have change the plugs fuel pump 4 new coil park

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It runs only when i use some starting fiuld

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
8/6/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 6 months ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Hello, thanks for posting

Since it runs with starting fluid it is a fuel supply issue. Do you have a voltmeter or a 12 volt test light?

Check the EFI fuse with the key on, if the fuse hos voltage and is not blown remove the EFI relay and measure voltage at the terminals in the socket, there should be 12 volts at two of the terminals with the key on?

I will go out an but the tester and do what you said to do will keep you posted what happened after

Ok, sounds good , waiting to hear back from you.

Where is the efi fuse located on this car
Got my tool ready

It's located in the fuse box under the hood close to the EFI relay, both are marked on the diagram on the cover.

I see the fuse but where is the relay

Let me see if I can upload a fuse relay diagram.

Sir all the fuse has being replaced fuel pump I don't know what else to do

Does it have power to the efi fuse? About 12 volts?

The problem is not the fuel pump, it's not getting power, I'm trying to help you to find out where the power is lost.

Does it have power to the EFI fuse?

I tested and there is power to the pump what else could I overlooked

Thanks, ***** ***** has power to the pump can you tell if it is running. If the pump is running, the injectors may not be firing, check to make sure the injectors have 12 volts to one of the wires on the connector, just check one of them. If there is 12 volts to the injectors you need to check for injector pulse voltage next, you can get a small injector test light that plugs into the connector from an autoparts store, the light should flash when the engine is cranking over.

Ok thanks I will do that in the morning

S​ounds good, talk to you then.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician