Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

My 94 camry v6 has had ECM problem, i am searching an

Customer Question

HI, my 94 camry v6 has had ECM problem
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am searching an approach to take out glove compartment, it seems not easy
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: back to original problem. the car can be started but most of time can not keep running
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: now the check engine light on and off
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Before replacing the ECU (which probably is not the problem), can you tell me if the amber Check Engine light is illuminated at the instrument panel?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
two different mechanics checked my car, they all said, it is the computer problem
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it does not have to, and i only need to get an answer if you can

Nornally, if the car starts up, it can be a reasonable assumption that the ECM is somewhat ok. More often than not, the main cause of start then stall is a leak in the air tube between the top of the air filter box and the intake manifold, or, one of the many vacuum lines on the engine. To remove the ECU, you really do not have to remove the glove box. You pull the flat lower panel off that is beneath the glove box. After than you can access the ECU.