Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

01 tundra that has no beams no fog lights and no turn

Customer Question

01 tundra that has no hi beams no fog lights and no turn signals.It has a new headlight switch in it. I have checked all the fuses and relays.Is there some kind of control module in the steering column for these lights?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, I need to get the vin number in order to pull the wiring schematics in order to see where the issue lies

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
5TBBT44171S169028
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

I will need to opt out as I dont have the exterior lights diagrams. If another expert can help, they will post to here

Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and will be back on tomorrow after work with the wiring diagrams and a possible solution to repair your problem.

Hello and sorry for delay, have you checked all fuses and high amp fuse-able -links in the main fuse block under hood?

one question before I submit things. does your Tundra have DRL lights?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It has DRL lights. I called a Toyota shop and they told me that there are relays under the dash for the lights and turn signals. I have not yet had a chance to check those yet. Been very busy.

That's what I suspected as if it has DRL lights everything goes through that module first then to lights. I can supply wiring diagrams and locations if you wish, I am a Toyota master tech.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
are you talking about the integration relay on the back of the fuse panel that's located under the dash?

No the DRL relay as all the lights go through there would you like a wiring diagram and parts location as well?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that would probably help

Ok if you can wait till tomorrow I can get all that info from work and send it off if that's ok.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok that works. Thanks

tomorrow then , thanx for being patient.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
were you able to get the wiring diagram and location for the DRL module?
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

sorry for the delay, but yes I did , let me load to computer and send it off to you

location D7 under dash behind center console area. Is there anything else you may need?