Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have 09 Toyota Corolla xrs well we bought a use ac

Customer Question
I have 09 Toyota...

I have 09 Toyota Corolla xrs well we bought a use ac compresser and want to know right amount of ac oil to put in the compressor

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Toyota Corolla. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No now

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
8/6/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, my name is Jay

Your a/c system takes 3.5 oz of PAG46 oil and 1.1 lbs of r134a freon charge.

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"

We bought a freon and oil mix PAG 42 it only has 3oz of the oil will that make a difference in it ? Also do we need to vacuum the system before putting in the new oil

The difference between Pag 42 and 46 is very minor as the 42 is a little thinner oil than 46. You should be okay with it. You will need to put a vacuum on system in order to pull out all the air and moisture from the system. If you do not then it will not blow as cold as it should.

Do you have any other questions for me?

Not right now thank you

Please accept and rate my answers so I get credit for helping you?

Ok I have another question dose it matter it there is most in the air when we trying to do this btw we can't get a vacuum so can we purge the system for now?

It will matter to have air and moisture in the system since air will take place of some of the freon in the system and moisture will be water vapor in the system and will cause issues of low cooling since water does not have same properties as freon.

The oil in the can is called an oil charge and will be put into the system after you close it up and put in before freon is put in using same method as putting in the cans of freon.

When I saying moisture, I meant in the outside air like after a storm? Will that make problems........ also will purging the system be ok for now

The freon is supposed to be reclaimed and not let out to atmosphere. As far as the moisture in the air as soon as you open the system the drier in the system will start absorbing moisture from the air and as long as you plug the lines when you open them it will limit the amount of moisture it will absorb.

Do you have any other questions for me?