Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dear Jan. I have a lexus sc430 (2002). Firstly, thé engin…

Customer Question
I have a lexus...

I have a lexus sc430 (2002). Firstly, thé engin check light is Comino on

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

First engin check (signal looks l'ile an engin). I have driver slowly to Lexus concession. In place, thé signal is no more Comino on.. Technicien suggest to jeep thé car for more investiguation. One Day l'âtre, Lexus Tech Saïd to cage lamda seniors but in cockpit, there is two others lights on. VCS and VCSOff. I don't understand thé Link?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Toyota?

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm not in m'y country and i have a doubt about diagnosis

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Could you drive me to control or check something on thé car to odentify if i could wait to bé at home to repair

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
8/6/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 1 year ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Please advise if the vehicle is running properly or there are issues with driving it (hesitation, loss of power, etc). Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello.
To resume, my lexus sc430 (2002 and 98000kms) had a default light "Engine signal". I have contact Lexus in Mallorca. They have work or test my car. They mention i need to change both lambda sensors but i could wait to my come back in France. When i take my car, two other indicators are lignting on "VCS" and "VCS OFF". They said to me these lights are linked to the previous one "Engine". I don't understand why the engine light does not appear non more and how VSC lights are linked to Lambda sensors?? Can i wait to my come back to France. I will drive around 1000 kms in the present conditions.
Best regards

Hello again. If the Lambda sensors are casing the issue, you can drive it, but your fuel mileage may be compromised. The reason for the VSC lights being on is easy to explain: Lexus chooses to cause these lights to illuminate whenever the Check Engine light is illuminated. This is done on purpose to led significance to the Check Engine light getting attention as soon as possible. If the repair service replaces the faulty sensors and clears out the fault codes form the computer, the VSC lights should go off.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you. I trust my input is satisfactory and meets your expectations. A positive rating for my assistance on your request would be greatly appreciated; thanks again and have a great day