Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The warning triangle is illuminated and I have no idea why.

Customer Question
The warning triangle is...

The warning triangle is illuminated and I have no idea why. Along with the ABS VCS and brake light

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

The BRAKE light is on in the left hand corner

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2007 toyota prius. FYI I just changed out the battery cell pack

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

The vehicle had been sitting for 6 months. I got it from a friend who told me it needed a new battery pack. I changed the pack and now have run across all of these lights. I drove it home about 3 miles to my garage after changing the battery and as I was driving up a slight hill, it was losing ower.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The check engine light and brake fluid light is on even though the fluid is at max level

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/6/2017
Toyota Mechanic: john, The Car Guy replied 11 months ago
john
john, The Car Guy

sounds like a bad bad battery have you pulled codes?

p0a80 bad battry packk?

DTC P0A80 Replace Hybrid Battery Pack

The HV battery assembly consists of nickel hydride batteries. Nickel hydride batteries do not require external charging. The SOC (state of charge) of the HV battery is maintained at a constant voltage level by the hybrid vehicle control ECU while the vehicle is being driven. In the HV battery assembly, 28 modules are connected in series, and each module has six 1.2 V cells that are connected in series. Thus, the HV battery assembly contains a total of 168 cells which produce 201.6 V .

The battery ECU, which monitors two modules as a single battery block, detects the battery block voltage at a total of 14 locations.