Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a 2007 tundra and my VSC off light is flashing and…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 tundra and my VSC off light is flashing and check engine light is on and the anti skid light is on. What does it all mean?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It blinks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I'm just sitting here. Turned the truck off then on again. I did check my gas cap too. That's it so far.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm towing a trailer too. If that makes any difference.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/6/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help you. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I will help you best I can to solve your problem and earn a 5 star ratting.

Ok what info do you need
I can't afford the cost of the phone call. What advice can you give me. Thank you

If the ECU detects a fault code in any input it will disable the ABS AND TRAC so that is why those lights are on. So the first thing you need to do is to put a scanner or good code reader on the vehicle and record any codes so we can proceed.

Ok I'll go purchase a code reader then.
it's all about the codes.. there's do diagnoses of the vsc off light flashing?

You may not need to purchase one unless you want to have one handy as some shops like ato zone will do it free or cheap.

Going out now , won't be back till much latter.

Well how much later.? I'm stuck in eureka and traveling to Oregon now with a trailer. I need to make a decision on to drive further or wait to take my truck yo the dealership.
I got the code read it came up c1201
An abs code
dude you've left me hangin here as to what I need to do and how to approach this issue .. not sure what I paid into at this point? How is this supposed to work again?
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician