Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I apparently locked my 2010 prius without turning off the…

Customer Question
I apparently locked my...

I apparently locked my 2010 prius without turning off the engine. Now I cannot unlock the car and the engine keeps on starting up and turning off as the air conditioner cools the car. I was in a hurry and locked the doors from inside from the back seat. Does that make it impossible to use my key remote?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I can't key inside the car to open the hood. The battery in the key remote is three months old.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

The battery is in good shape. The Prius just had a periodic servicing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We just tried to use the remote on the keys. no luck.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
8/6/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Merlin Beerens, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Merlin Beerens
Merlin Beerens, Auto Mechanic

Hi there, my name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your prius. So you locked your car with the engine running, but you have the keys with you? Have you tried the mechanical key?