Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Can I get the same two attached documents u sent to this guy…

Customer Question
Hi can I get the...
Hi can I get the same two attached documents u sent to this guy in regards ***** ***** 2005 scion tc throttle body sensors please
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Toyota
8/5/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Toyota Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Toyota Mechanic

what is the url address

http://my.justanswer.com/question/guest/3106c8355baf4c2a9eb534257b5d45fc

thanks..........
The expert used an Outside File Service & "deleted" those files 24 hours later.....
Please DO NOT respond to this, as it will LOCK Question

Will OPT OUT & RELIST to see if someone can help you further

Toyota Mechanic: Merlin Beerens, Auto Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Merlin Beerens
Merlin Beerens, Auto Mechanic

Hi there, I just noticed that your question hasn't been answered yet, I am wondering if you still needed help with this, I can't see the files that you are asking for, but perhaps I can help, what is the problem that you are having?

I can't get my 2005 scion tc to pass smog because it was throwing a code P0101 mass or volume airflow circuit range performance and O2 monitor not set. I have replaced the mass airflow sensor and the O2 sensor but my check engine light keeps coming on still and when I come to a stop it idles low and almost dies??? I had someone turn idle up on or around the pedal area but had to adjust it back down before smog don't know to fix my prob or what the prob even is

Hmm, I have just looked up that code in the repair manual, and it is a pretty cut and dry code. It says to replace the the MAF sensor. Did you replace it with an OEM sensor? There is no reason to replace the O2 sensor, and you should never attempt to adjust idle speed. I can send you the page out of the manual. Did you have any other codes other than P0101?

I did replace the MAF with a Jet Performance 69148 Powr-Flo Mass Air Sensor.. I had a mechanic adjust the idle by the driver side pedal somewhere only because my car used to stall every time I would slow down & come to a stop. It did temporarily fix that issue accept the idle had been turned up so high it broke one of my engine motor mounts.. I will let u know here shortly if any other or new codes come up when I hook up the scanner .

There is a chance that the aftermarket MAF sensor is no good, how exactly did he adjust the idle speed, can it be reversed?

The after market MAF sensor is brand new & $200 I'm sure that's not the problem because it's the same one I had just Replaced n never had this issue before. He adjusted the idle somewhere on or by the pedals with a wrench and I've already had him adjust it back down to the correct required rpm's

Ok, I will opt out and let another expert chime in to see if they can help.

Toyota Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 9 months ago
nelson freitas

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name in Nelson, and I have been a licensed automotive technician for over 12 years now and currently working at a Toyota dealership.

Has anyone properly checked the intake system for any vacuum leaks? any excess air that enters the intake system after the mass air flow sensor could cause all of the problems you are having.

An easy way to check for vacuum leaks could be to spray the intake system with throttle body cleaner while the engine is running. Once engine rpm changes you have found the area that the vacuum leak is in.

Looking into potential problems, it seems like it is common for the air inlet to the PCV system to disconnect from air filter housing when the air filter is inspected.

I hope that I was able to help solve the problem you are having. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Also, please don’t forget to rate me*.

If I have not done enough to be given at least a 3 star rating please let me know if there are any further questions or concerns you may have.

(*A positive rating is needed in order for any expert to get paid for their assistance with your problems)

I will try that and get back to u
Toyota Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 9 months ago

ok great, let me know if you find anything.

nelson freitas
nelson freitas
nelson freitas