Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2002, Yes, yes,i got the pump and ECM from another vehicle.

Customer Question
2002 Mechanic's Assistant: Are...

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes,i got the pump and ECM from another vehicle.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids recently?

What fluids?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
8/4/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 1 year ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Thanks for posting

What model is your 2002 Toyota?

Which engine and transmission does it have?

What exactly is the problem at this time?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
TOYOTA HILUX ! 1KZ MANUAL TRANSMISSION. THE PROBLEM AM FACING IS THAT THE ENGINE CHECK LIGHT IS COMING ON. WHEN I DIAGNOSE THE VEHICLE IT'S GIVING ME CODE 14 TIMING CONTROL VALVE SYSTEM MALFUNCTION. I tried the injector pump and the ECM on a similar hilux and the performance was fine. I got the pump and ECM From the one I was trying on and tried them on my vehicle the same CODE 14 came back. I tested the two wires running from the ECM to TIMING CONTROL VALVE the are fine. I also changed THE TCV but still the same.

Sorry, I am not trained or have experience with diesel engines.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Ted, whats the way forward?your advert said you can work on Toyota cars that's y I paid for advice. If you don't work on Diesel Engine then kindly process a refund. Regards