Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

How to clear the alarm" check hybrid system" the car still…

Customer Question
How to clear the...

How to clear the alarm " check hybrid system" the car still starts but appears to be in a maintenance mode.. I was investigating replacing the 12V battery in the back as a mechanic told me it was weak when I had the front end aligned

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?

Original equipment - still has 12 volts but believe is could be in need of replacement 2010 model

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 Toyota?

Prius Hybrid

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

I intend to replace the 12V battery my self - yes - but that particular type of battery has to be ordered because inside the passenger compartment - by question was how to let the the onboard computer reinitialize after the battery is replaced - I had it out to get a proper model number and type - and now the dash is indicating check the hybrid system

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is is

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
8/4/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 11 months ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Thanks for posting

You are probably right about the 12 volt battery, they usually last about 5 years or so,. There is nothing to initialize after replacing it, the hybrid computer will function properly once it gets enough voltage. The light should clear out at the same time.