Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2000 toyota Avalon gas door release lever will not open…

Customer Question
My 2000 toyota Avalon...

My 2000 toyota Avalon gas door release lever will not open gas tank door is my lever broken

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No, still getting great mileage ,starts right up

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I am fixing it myself,I have not tryed anything yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. thats it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
8/2/2017
Toyota Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. I have the exact same problem on my 9 Avalon xls.. I just put a pack of cigarettes under the lever when its time to put gas in. The cable replacement is a bear. But I will get you the procedure.

try this TSB

hows it going?