Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My daughter has a 2010 Corolla and the trunk won't stay

Customer Question

My daughter has a 2010 Corolla and the trunk won't stay closed
JA: What exactly is happening to the trunk?
Customer: she can close it and it pops open while driving
JA: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: She is a college student with no money in Phoenix and I'm in California. We are hoping for any easy fix that she might be able to do herself. The local dealership is quoting $95 just to diagnose.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

This can be caused by an electrical issue that is commanding the trunk to be opened or it can be from the latch or striker out of adjustment and not fully locking in place. I recommend she try slamming it with some good pressure right above the latch. If that works then it is an adjustment needed.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris