Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2007 Toyota Camry, hybrid and the head lights on…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Toyota Camry, hybrid and the head lights on dim are dangerously dim. I went to a dealer and they said I would have to replace the whole units at a cost of $500+ per unit. What can I do to get adequate lights without spending so much money? I have changed the bulbs twice. I have had the lens cleaned and polished twice.

Mechanic's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Toyota Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

I have not checked the fuses or the connections.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have changed the bulbs twice and had the front lens cleaned and buffed twice. I am trying to do it myself but I have taken it to the Toyota dealership in Tupelo, MS.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I believe that is a pretty clear picture of my problem.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
8/1/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

If the lens is cloudy then you will have to replace the entire lamp assembly. The dealer one will cost you around $500 but you can buy the complete lens for less than $100 aftermarket. Here is but one web site that sells the lens for less than $100.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/shop_years/toyota-camry-headlight-2007.html

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"

My lens are not cloudy. On bright I have plenty of light.

Then why did the dealer say you had to replace the len assembly?

Do you have the projector type lens over the light bulbs? These look like 3 inch lens where the bulb is?