Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My back hatch on my 06 Toyota highlander will not open even

Customer Question

My back hatch on my 06 Toyota highlander will not open even with a Key
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: No i opened it this morning to put a ice chest in and shut no problem then drove 45 miles at the water was hot 100 and it would not open I checked to see if something got stuck it the hatch but there is nothing I am back home now and its 75 the electric switch works locks all doors and unlocks all doors except the back hatch. Tried to use my key to open and it does not open it.
JA: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: to use the key and the electric switch plus I did call Perry Motors in Bishop Ca to see if they have heard anything about 06 back hatch not working my car was in the shop last week for my 10,000 mile turn up Perry motors has aways worked on my car thats were I bought it. I thought maybe int was the heat or drop in elevation.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that it all in a nut shell I think
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Will the key even turn?

Are you able to get in the rear to remove the door trim panel?