Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

All 3 power outlets aren't working. All the fuses are good.

Customer Question

All 3 power outlets aren't working. All the fuses are good. Tested the outlets with a voltmeter and no power is getting to the outlets.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Consistent
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2009 Venza
JA: Are you fixing your Venza yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We looked at all fuses connected to outlets and they were all good. We have tested the outlets for power and there's not any power going to them.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No ma'am
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Todd M replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I see that you have checked the fuses. There is only one fuse fuse these outlet. Also, the front and center outlets may be out, but is the back outlet functioning? I ask this because if the fuse is good, then the likely issue would be the ground, but the rear socket has a completely different ground. If the fuse is good, and the ground is intact, then there has to be an open somewhere in the fuse box. Here, I am providing the electrical diagram for the power outlets along with the location and information for the fuses.

Expert:  Todd M replied 2 months ago.

Here, I am providing the ground location for grounds M2 and D3 that will assist you in diagnosing the issue.

Expert:  Todd M replied 2 months ago.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The back outlet also isn't working.
Expert:  Todd M replied 2 months ago.

I understand. If that is the case, then you need to check fuse #1 in the under the hood fuse box. I have sent the location information for this. Be sure to either use a test light or visually inspect by removing it in order to determine if it is sound. If it is sound, then there is an open in the fuse box. The center and front outlets have everything(power and ground in common. The only thing that the rear have in common with them is fuse #1. If the fuse is good, then the issue is going to be an open circuit inside the fuse box.

Expert:  Todd M replied 2 months ago.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.