Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

Just reach this page looking for some advice how does it

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: just reach this page looking for some advice how does it works ?
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: toyota highlander 2008 Sport
JA: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Im the owner, but the mechnics in my country, have not resolve, so I would like advice, so I can tell them exactly what to look at
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 2 months ago.

What exactly is the problem with your 2008 highlander?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Error Code C1240 Yaw rate Current sensor discrimin ation

Has the ABS/VSC or TRAC ECU replaced recently or the YAw or Acceleration sensor?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Had the ABS Pump replaced

Was it a complete assembly with the computer attached?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not sure about it.

Why did you replace the brake actuator? Was that code there prior to replacing the brake actuator/pump assembly? Do you have the part number of the brake actuator assembly that was installed? Do you have the vehicle identification number available?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The beguinning was that Vehicle put ABS light on, and also the consecuent lights (vsc, brake, etc), took it to the shop, and they told me and show me that ABS pump was leaking and was damage. They replace with a used pump (im in dominican Republic)
The other lights went of, but the ABS, VSC still continues on

That number that you gave me if it is correct C1240 means that the identification information for the acceleration sensor/Yaw rate sensor does not match the ABS computer and the pump assembly information do not match. The only way this can happen is if the wrong computer assembly was installed or the wrong acceleration/yaw rate sensor was installed. If the acceleration/Yaw rate sensor was never removed or replaced than the problem has to be in the pump/computer assembly. Without the vehicle identification number and the part number of the part that was installed there is no way I can make that determination. You could have the shop try a zero point calibration to see if it will recalibrate but it's not likely going to work.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
JTEES41A882050476 Tha is the VIN
Yes the code on the scanner is a C1240
BAsically I need your advice on posible things that I can try myself or others thata I can Suggest to my mechanic

44050-48340 is the part number for the actuator/computer/pump assembly. Verify that you have the correct part number. If it is the right part number then there is either problem with the part or something in the wiring between there and the sensors. You could try the zero point calibration that might help.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Zero point calibration is done with a tool ? or is it a comobination ?Please indicate how to do it.

On a 2008 Highlander zero point calibration can be done without a scan tool. The mechanical method using the jumper wire in the diagnostic port DLC3. Click this link and save the info it will time out.