Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2002 corolla was left for 10 weeks and now it will not start…

Customer Question
2002 corolla was left...

2002 corolla was left for 10 weeks and now it will not start but with new battery the alarm horn will not stop.I lost the fob with remote panic button.What caI do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?

On battery?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?

Jumpstarting did not work, replacing battery seem better but it will not start and the horn is too loud to continue

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there an easy way to by pass fob I lost?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 day by:
8/1/2017
Toyota Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the system is functioning correctly then it will disarm if you unlock a door with the key. There are disarm switches that send a signal when a door is unlocked with a key and as long as the module, wiring and switches are intact then this will disarm it. try unlocking the driver's door and if that doesn't help then try the passenger as well as the trunk.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!